Week 3 Part B

 For this assignment I'll be using a fictitious brand. This brand will focus on cruelty free, natural looking  makeup inclusive of all races, ethnicities, and skin types. My goal for this brand will be to encourage potential customers to try a natural look. There would be plenty of competition for this type of company - the current trend on instagram is a natural, glowing look with emphasis on gloss and blush, and this trend will most likely encourage competitors to pursue more natural looking product. I will focus heavily on aesthetic for this brand by posting pictures to Instagram of what my company's makeup will look like on different skin types, skin tones, and skin on a variety of ages. 


This brand will have a face and a clean, simple logo. Having just one person be the face of a brand can make the brand seem less relatable so I think I would opt to have multiple people represent this brand, people of different size and ethnicity to show people that this brand is for them, too. The logo for my brand will be minimalist - something like The Ordinary. To compensate for the simplicity of this brand, which I want to represent natural, delicate beauty, something "Instagrammable", I would want it to have an aesthetically pleasing color scheme for packaging and website. I love pastel colors and would consider pastel primary colors: Baby blue, baby pink, baby yellow. This would give the brand a kind of innocent or delicate look which is how I would want this brand to be perceived. This is no Urban Decay!

Promotional items for this brand would be minimalist but cute; simply worded but colorful with pastels. This brand should be transparent about its ingredients and will advertise the fact that the products are not tested on animals. I'm not sure if I would want the logo for this brand to have a tagline. I have nothing against them but sometimes they can be cheesy and unmemorable to the point where I think, "Why did they bother?", so I have no decision. 

For advertising I would try to keep it as online as possible. I would want this brand to be adjacent to a sustainable and organic type of lifestyle so reducing physical promotional materials would be in line with this goal. However, I would absolutely send out PR packages to influencers on Youtube and Instagram. I believe that sending product to influencers is one of the most impactful ways to advertise your product right now - I hate to admit it but "influencers" really do influence even the most resistant of us! I would also heavily campaign on Instagram, create a Youtube page, and consider a Twitter once the brand picks up traction. 

To build this fictitious skin and natural-looking makeup brand, I would utilize a clean and minimalist logo and website, be transparent about the ethics of the brand, and focus on campaigning on social media. The goal for this brand would be inclusivity for tone, skin type, and age type, and I would effectively be able to advertise this on Instagram. By advertising online, I would be able to reduce my environmental impact as I wouldn't send out as much physical advertising materials. 









Comments

Popular Posts