Week 11

There are a huge amount of social media platforms a person could use to promote their brand; Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, Yelp, Facebook, Tumblr, Tiktok, Snapchat, blogs, etc. These platforms are great, however it's not a one size fits all situation for brands. For my personal brand I have joined Facebook, Instagram, and Linked In. I would like to try Tiktok eventually and create a "real" blog for non-class purposes, one that I could link to my brand's future website. 

I recently created a page on Linked In for my brand, a site which I had used previously - years ago! - when job hunting. I never dove too deep into it. I've been having trouble creating a page but I do like the UI of the site! I see how it would be useful for making connections and finding employees. The site is a breath of fresh air from the very specific aesthetic of Instagram social media businesses, it's very professional and feels like being around actual people; the tone is more serious and sincere, if that makes sense. I look forward to joining groups and making connections, asking for advice, and listening and learning from those who are succeeding in this field. 

Twitter for social media I think isn't necessary depending on the business. I have a personal account and haven't really seen a lot of businesses other than artists, crafters, brands offering services like "music production" often spamming random accounts (props to them honestly), and huge brands advertising new products and interacting kind of inappropriately with users. Like, I really don't want to know what Wendy's has to say about the current political climate, you know? So I kind of stubbornly have made up my mind that this platform wouldn't be the ideal platform for a lot of brands. I'm aware that I probably haven't followed or looked at enough brands to definitively say if this platform would be beneficial to my brand or not and will be sure to do some honest research to move my bias aside! 

My stance on influencers is that they are incredibly, super super useful for promoting products and services. Unfortunately I've noticed that the services and products usually have to do with the external self: clothes, cosmetics, skin and body care, shoes, accessories, locations for receiving facials or other luxurious services, nail salons, hair services, etc. I think influencers are phenomenal for this and 100% worth it if this is what your business is offering. It's much easier to promote products than a service like a social media manager, consultant, or other similar business. I don't ever really see influencers promote things besides aforementioned products and services. For my social media consulting business I don't think it would be worth the cost of paying an influencer. Maybe I would provide some kind of service for their brand for a tag! Something lame like that. I'm not even sure if that's like, Instagram-legal. Anyway! (I just remembered influencers are great for promoting food! It always makes me want to try what they're eating.) 

In these early stages I'll admit I'm kind of hesitant to branch away from the successful templates that I see on Instagram. My brand would most likely benefit from a blog, Linked In, and maybe Twitter. I'll have to do a little more Twitter research. I love the idea of folks being paid to make a post for a product but don't think that would benefit my own brand. Looking through these 3 possibilities for marketing my brand has encouraged me to branch out and take advantage of the resources available to me, even if I don't think they would be absolutely perfect. Nothing is! It's what you make of the platform. I just have a lot to learn about them still!




Comments

Popular Posts